Newcomers, be ready for a unique gaming experience, for in Frandum you will only interact through sentences, words and coloured text, quite like writing your own experience into a book. But another kind of book. To know more, browse through the various menus, starting with "Discovery" (surprising, right?).
Experience mudders, you're in for a treat: absolutely no grinding, extensive skills and spells, guilds, houses and pets, massive crafting and potion making, highly variable invocation and enchanting await you on this adventure of questing and exploration, as you try to solve the greatest mystery of all through 1400+ quests.
The game mechanics can be learnt directly while playing through our tutorials, so if you don't want to lose time on this website, click here to start playing, or plug your MUD client to frandum.fr, port 2001.
- 03/02/2018: The whole Frandum engine has been revamped to make it more generic and allow Frandum not to be so unique some day in the future. This comes with a lot of changes, the most important being listed below. Also read the RELEASE notes for extensive change log.
- 03/02/2018: The principle of "moves" score has been replaced by a generic speed stat and now has an influence on everything you do (movement, attacks...). Consequently, the "attacks" stat has been removed, and if you just thought "what is that stat they removed", it means it was indeed ok to remove it.
- 03/02/2018: New command: IN. Makes you enter the first thing you can, if any. Don't forget to add a trailing '.' or define an ALIAS if you don't want to end up doing INventory.
- 03/02/2018: New command: DEAD. Tells you how much longer you will be dead.
- 03/02/2018: You can put things in and get things from closed containers: it will auto open / close them.
- 03/02/2018: A couple of spell failure conditions are now evaluated before your are drained of sps (e.g. invoke). The same happens if you try casting a spell but don't have enough sp. You will also notice that some spells will be more specific when you try to cast them on an inappropriate target.
- 03/02/2018: A lot of messages across the game have been changed and colours have been added (e.g. (un)pocket all, quest validation ...).